A school taster day!

I barely ate this morning because of my overwhelming anxiety! But, turns out this day went better than I expected.

By Ida Anderson

Today was my first day of trying out this school, without my mum! This may have been the most anxiety provoking thing I have done in a long time. And I was extremely anxious beforehand. In the morning I woke up nice and early, so I would have plenty of time to get ready. But, when it came to breakfast, I found it really hard to eat anything because I was so stressed. I ate some bread but that was about it and I was quite hungry throughout the day. I then went on a small car ride with my mum, it helped me calm down and I listened to some of my favourite music. Even though I was stressed, my OCD was very good this morning and I didn't worry too much about how I looked.

My day started off by going on a walk with the school's therapist, she was so nice. And she had this adorable dog that came on the walk with us! I was fairly calm at this point and was trying my best to talk and answer questions.

Later on, I went into the main school room and the setting was calm and quiet. I sat down on this comfortable sofa and saw some of the other students in the room. There was only a few, which was nice because too many new people would have been overwhelming. I didn't really get to meet them as they were off doing their own thing, however they looked friendly.

I spoke to one of the teachers and he talked to me about what I would be doing if I joined the school. He then showed me what the other students have been doing and it looked very productive. Everyone has been contributing and making stuff for a Christmas fayre. I got a bit scared of the thought of me contributing towards it, because I would have no clue what to do. Plus, the fayre would be busy. And I would hate to work on a stall, as although I can count money, I would feel under pressure handing back the right change whilst someone is watching me. But, thankfully I won't have to do anything I don't want.

Altogether this has been a really nice day and a big change of environment. The teachers were super nice and understanding, and I am looking forward to going back there next week although I am still feeling a bit nervous!

Feel free to let me know what you think!

© 2019 My Life with PDA by Ida Anderson. Proudly created with Wix.com

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now